Saturday 22 March 2014

End of Sava-Mahino

It is the end of my one and a quarter month known as sava-mahino to my guarati family. In a similar way to Lễ đầy tháng it is now safe for Mom and Me to leave home and be presented to friends and family.




It is custom to go to the temple on this day to receive a blessing, we are really lucky that the Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple is a less than 5 minutes from our condo and we can see it from our living room window. So all four grandos, Mom, Dad, Nam & Me walked there early this morning

On the way to the temple
At the temple I was presented to the priests for blessings and then I was given a private prayer of my own. Dad put be down in front of everyone on my own, I was not scared and lay down until Ba and Mom came to get me.






After that everyone did some prayers and looked at the different deities, Ba & Dada got some prasad (blessed food) for us all.







It was an exciting morning and we were all tired when we got home so after lunch we all had a nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment