Friday 14 March 2014

1 Month Birthday - Lễ đầy tháng

Hello everyone.

I'm 1 Month old today
It's my one month birthday today!!!!! in Vietnam it is known as Lễ đầy tháng and is a very special day. Mom said that in the past today would be the day that I would be named, this would also be the first day Mom and me would be allowed to go out and  accept visitors after I was born without fear of spirits trying to steal my soul.

Now things are different but Mom still held special ceremony for me. Mom offered the spirits (Mụ bà) that would guide me as a baby some offerings (rice pudding, tea and wine). Mom says that the spirits have been teaching me how to smile and when I cry at night this is the spirits punishing me when I don't listen to them (I don't cry a lot so I must have been a good boy).



Offering to the spirits

Later I got some gifts from Mom, Dad, Ba & Dada and we cut my cake, everyone had a slice except for me I had to stick to just milk.

My one month cake

With Mom, Dad, Ba & Dada

Cutting the cake

Blowing the candle




No comments:

Post a Comment